Monday 3 August 2009

It has been a while!

Well guys I have had a prolonged absence from this blog and quite frankly it was for no reason at all. Quite a lot of event have occurred since I last wrote on here;

Michael Jacksons death
Me taking up comedy
Me dropping out of uni and commencing my very own job hunt
And the death of a true hero and legend in my life Sir Bobby Robson.

Lets start off (albeit very late) on Michael Jacksons death. It was a death that took the world by storm and shook it to its very core. I was in shock for a while in all honesty and it only really began to take hole about a week after. While all the tribute did grow tiresome after a while I appreciated that there were billions of people wanting to share their love for a man who has shaped a lot of peoples lives.

Now this whole comedy thing is a venture that I have undertaken along side my good friend Sam Brown of TCL. Good blog, read it if you have time (if not make some) and also read DUD Rock. Anyway I digress, this "workshop" for want of a better word is designed to help amateur comedians along their way and in September (5th.) We plan on doing an open night gig! It promises to be laughs all the way and I really hope you guys come and support/heckle me!!! The guys that are there (fazz, beneri, seb, pete) are all quality lads and are always on hand to give their advice.

A few weeks back I decided to make a life changing decision which involved leaving uni. Now this was greeted with wide spread shock among friends and family alike. However I deemed engineering not to be the subject for me and as such decided to get out and look for a job. Now without wanting to do what my fellow blogging brothers have done and detail out my hunt thus far all I will say is this. I had an interview at CPP today and as such is the only success I have had so far. I hope I do manage to get this job as it could prove to be quite lucrative so long as I do my job well. Will find out if I have made it to the 2nd interview by Wednesday I hope!

I feel I would like to end this post on a sombre note and pay tribute to a man who really has touched my (and many others) heart! Sir Bobby Robson RIP! This was a man who had a heart of gold and single handedly turned my beloved Newcastle United into one of the best teams in Europe. Oh how the mighty hath fallen eh!?! Despite being rediculously sacked by Freddie Shepherd 4 years ago, his legacy still lives long and strong within us today. Being a local lad, he knew what it meant to manage NUFC and he felt privelaged to have had the opportunity. I would just like to pay my respects the the man and tell him I will love him forever and never will forget him. RIP Sir Bobby Robson, it was a sad day for football when you passed on. The whole of the North East loves you and respects you. I hope the team does you proud this season and we make it back into the big time again.


Well I do hope I wont be leaving my next post for so long. Who knows, I might fanfare a new dawning with the event of starting a new job!!


Big love to you all


xxxx

No comments: