Monday 10 August 2009

ARGHHHHH!

So this post is to discuss my job hunt (or lack there of, of one!) It seems my decision to leave uni is proving to be a costly one and while I dont actually regret ditching Civil Engineering, I have a feeling that being without a degree, this whole thing could be fruitless. I have applied to a few jobs and not got a response, mainly dealing with sales and marketing which is the field I want to enter. However it appears no one wants an inexperienced drop out such as myself. So I was talking to my Aunt earlier and she thinks I should re enter higher education but stay in Yorkshire (she has the right idea!!) Of course I was unsure to begin with but have reached the conclusion that I should enter a field where recessions dont have much of an impact.

MEDICINE!!!

Should I choose to become a doctor then I am thinking of studying either in Sheffield or in York so I can keep costs to a minimum. However I cannot re enter University until next year leaving me with the real need to find a job.

If I am able to find a decent job with a decent wage (or not so good wage but with commission) then I would obviously stick with the job and use my charms to forge a career. My only problem is there is nothing going at the moment whenther it be in York or Leeds. I have considered widening my scope out to Manchester (WANKASHITE?!?!?!) however it would need to pay a lot to even out cost of transport etc.

I need your help guys!!! If you see any vacancies that I might have missed then please give me a buzz. Alternatively should you see a vacancy where you work then also let me know and if you can hook me up I will be indebted to you forever.

this YDS plea was brought to you by me!!

Big love to you all xxxxx

No comments: