Wednesday 12 August 2009

Goals Galore!!

Well the title is a little misleading.... There were no goals. I am of course talking about York City vs Rushden and Diamonds which took place yesterday! Accompanied by my good friend and fellow blogging brother Sam (TCL,) the two of us headed up to Kit Kat Crescent (Yes its named after a chocolate bar!?!) courtesy of Sam's dad for what was an eagerly anticipated match. Having got there a little early, we decided to head over to the bar to get beer! With both of us opting to get Carling Extra Colds, I pulled out my ten pound note expecting the worst when all of a sudden i get back more change than I had spent!! HAPPY DAYS! We drink our pints with gay abandon and eventually head off back to the stadium to take our place.



The match itself was of contrasting halves! In the first, YCFC were a complete shambles and a total bore. What made it worse was the fact that we had a goal disallowed. Disallowed so that we could have a free kick. Needless to say, "the referee's a wanker" was chanted by the Red and Blue army, and I dare say it was deserved. Michael Ingham was a legend that half as he bossed his area and was in complete control throughout the half. Super Mike indeed!!! So despite the fact we should have been 1-0 up, it was safe to say we were relieved to have gone in level.



The 2nd half on the other hand was amazing. It was as though Real Madrid had stepped onto the pitch as was the gulf in class. We completely tore into Rushden and had several chances to score and for some reason or other we didn't. I feel I must point out now that I have found an even bigger donkey than Shola Ameobi..... Step forward Mr Richard Brodie!! Clearly Sodje (whose name shall never ever be mentioned again on YDS) made him a better player. Brodie was a complete and utter joke. The first touch of an ox and the accuracy of blind monkey. Infact I guess one could say he was a winnet munching, cunt waffled spunk donkey!!

Throughout the match, the York faithful were in full voice and of course Sam and I joined in at all times and kicked ass leaving a giant York sized footprint behind! It doesn't need saying but our throats were destroyed by the end and we could barely talk! However I was impressed by what I call the "real fans" who turn up no matter what. Reminds me of being in the Gallowgate, except the Gallowgate is louder and scary at times (ahhhh you cant beat the Toon Ultra's)

At the end of the match we both decided to go for a MaccyD's (bad I know) and then head over to Varsity for another cool frothy beer! This was done while waiting for Lisa (Mrs TCL heh hope I am allowed to say that...) to come pick us up.

All in all it was a good match and I do want to see more YCFC matches however next time I feel its time for a Toon match. I know for sure it will be an experience for Sam to be in Gods own playground!!


Big love to you all xxxxx

No comments: