Sunday 6 September 2009

Comedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Well guys yesterday night proved to be what I can only describe as one of the best nights of my life. Yesterday was the beginning of a whole new dawning. A comedic dawning to be precise. Yes guys, I didn't bomb out of the Burtonstone Inn. Infact I (and the other genei comedians) totally owned the place.

Now I had invited some people along to the event to come and watch me, not expecting any of them to turn up, however 'lo and behold they do! Nerves set in.... Time passes by and when 8 o'clock arrives people start filing in and the place is packed. A really good atmosphere to be honest. After a while Seb comes on and does his compere which went down very well and introduced the first act.... Henry.

Now Henry is a special comedian. He uses the art of poetry in his and while not many people actually got what he said, he will go very far with his sets. They truely are a mark of genius. After Henry comes Pete (angry racist conker) and he comes on and does pretty well too. As he was going through his set, the tension within me grew and grew as I WAS NEXT! I awaited the dreaded muscle difference gag and I built myself up just hoping and parying I would be well recieved. Eventually it was my turn.

"Now ladies and gentleman, just to add a bit of ethnicity to tonights procedings I would like to bring on my next act.... Well he can't help it, he is from Scotland!!!!" Now that set up by Seb worked really well in my favour. As I walked up to the mic I began to wonder why I was here and why I was doing this to myself. My heart was pumping like you would never believe.

Well guess what.... I owned! Bits that I didn't think were funny turned out to be hilarious however my Felipe Massa joke nearly offended people but got a rip roaring laugh when I delivered the punch line.

I was told I was very confident and charismatic and had the skills to easily pull off comedy. One lass, who was particularly attractive, actually came up to me and spoke to me for quite some time about my set and life in general. She was one of very few people in the world who know of Sri Lanka hahaha!

After me, It was Spoon (not his real name) Fazz and John who all did really well and the night was going really well....

After Spoon, we had the interval which consisted of very very loud acoustic music. It was so loud, I had to retreat outside or use beer to drown out the sound. It was too much.

Now enter SJB of TCL. Now I love this guy, he is afterall a blogging brother and a brother in real life (not really but he is that damn awesome!), however he has had confidence issues with his sets. This has lead to a damaged camera, hat and many a ripped up set list followed by gushings of sheer anger! Well ladies and gentleman, he was the best performer of the night. He even took apart a dunken heckler and did what can only be described as SJB Victory Dance! It was manic. He shouted out whilst dancing...

"Haha I beat the heckler" in a very mimicking way, it was brilliant.

We were all so very proud of Sam due to the fact that we didn't know how he was going to behave heh.

After the highlight of the night came "the headline act" as Seb put it.... Beneri.

Beneri when switched on is the funniest guy I know and he should have owned the entire place. Sadly he didn't. While he didn't bomb by any stretch of the imagination, he did not do as well as he knows he should have done.

After the gig, we all headed off to dusk to celebrate our achievements for the night as well as raking in £103 profits!

I would like to thank Sam and Lisa for giving me money to get home, I shall definitely pay them before they go off to Egypt as they might need the money.

All in all it has been an awesome night and I look forward to doing all this again. The rush I got from making people laugh was amazing. You can't actually beat it.

Keep it locked on YDS for more crazy shenanigans, and who knows, maybe I have inspired you into the world of comedy.

Big love to you all

xxxxx

No comments: