Tuesday 12 May 2009

Curry And Metal!!

Whats up guys! The second part of the three part weekend bender here!! This is the day that Sam (TCL) is coming down here after work. He was due for arrival at 9:40pm. So anyway, Dave and I awoke fairly early in the morning for some unknown reason despite not getting to sleep until 4am. Regardless if that, I have my shower slowly get ready and go check on Dave to see if he is awake. We doss about for a bit talking about the night we just had and wishing and hoping that it had not been over and contemplating going to the launch party up in Manchester. After a short while, my house mate, also called Dave, came up to the living room and wanted to play Rock Band 2. So he wound up playing one song before leaving, giving us a chance to play. Our very own DUD Rock failed to get through any of the songs proclaiming that he was still drunk/very hungover. Deep down we all know he just does not rock hard enough (joke) haha! We read a bit more of Zoo, and by read I mean staring/perving at naked pictures of Bang Tidy women, for a while longer and to cheer up Dave. At this moment, a mare strikes. This has the potential to me a huge mare! I realise that the tickets for Wembley had not arrived. I try frantically to call York City ticket office but it comes to no avail.

Eventually hunger strikes Dave and we head over to Subway. Can't quite remember what it was he had indeed ordered but his first observation is that Northern Subways taste so much better than Southern ones! While in Subway, I try again to call York City but I reach the decision that they are closed and heading towards Wembley. After that, we head over to Varsity for a few beers. Yes thats right guys we went for more beer despite the fact that we were destroyed by the other night. As per usual, Dave bought a Cider and I bought more Beer. Carling Extra Cold to be precise. We sit there checking out the talent for a while. I pipe up and ask Dave if he would like to play a game of Pool. He says he would like to and we play a game. Sadly, I pot the black before clearing up my balls hence meaning that the jammy git beats me! Fortunately I equalise later by decimating the poor lad later. We decide to leave it at that until some hot lasses go to play some pool on the other table next to our. Dave and I look at eachother and decided to go play another round of pool. This would act as a decider aswell as get close to BTL! As the match progresses, Dave points out that the lasses would momentarily glance at us and then get back to the game. I never noticed this but in fairness we are Yorkshire so it is inevitable. Regardless of that, I won the deciding round of pool and leave it at that. We go back to the house for a while and Dave reads Zoo some more while I watch cricket and think about what night out we can plan for Sam. Suddenly it strikes me that I should call Wembley up and try to rectify the issue at hand with respect to the lack of tickets. After being placed on hold for a few minutes, I get through to this rather polite women and explain my situation. She explained to me that there was a good chance of us getting in but warned us not to hold our breath. I take some solace from that and the knowledge that with my bank card and suitable id we will get in (it has happened to people I know before.) Anyway I explain this to Dave and he appears to be relieved by what I told him.

After a short while, about 6ish, I decide that I am hungry but I dont know what Sam is doing food wise. I text him to see what he wants to do. Sam being Sam, he takes a while to text back. Eventually he does and claims he does not mind what we do. I tell him we should go for a curry when he gets back. After this I tell Dave we should go to the Dungeon. This is a nightclub that plays Metal (or so we thought!?!) all night. I decide to go to KFC and get a large portion of popcorn chicken. Dave decides to come with me and get some too. Upon eating these we go for more beers and watch the Championship Playoff semi final between Preston North End and Sheffield United. Needless to say we both wanted the Blades to win. They drew 1-1 but the Blades had an away goal! Anyway we stay there for a couple of hours and I tell Dave we should head off and meet Sam at the train station.

We had already consumed a fair few pints of beer already and we sit at the station people watching. I send a text to Sam telling him which platform to exit from. Eventually the train arrives and Sam emerges. We all give eachother hugs. Proper bromance is you ask me :D! Anyway I notice that the bus we want is waiting at the stop. We run towards it and the bus slowly moves away. We all shout out at the bus in the hope it would stop. Fortunately it did and we were very grateful to the driver. I broke the news to Sam about the ticket fiasco. He seemed somewhat concerned however was happy to go along with it. I also told him about the Dungeon. He seemed very pleased by this and thus dubbed the night Curry And Metal night (hence the title.) We get back to my house, all get ready to go out (collar popped cool yet again) and head off for curry.

Once we arrived at the curry house (Kohinoor) we sat down and all ordered our drinks. I was angling for a mango lassie and Sam wanted Kingfisher. Sadly they had neither so all three of us settled for pints of Cobra. Anyway, the time came to place our order. I ordered a keema naan and a lamb madras. Sam and Dave placed their order too. During the interim time, we discuss Wembley and the night out we had planned. Sam kept saying how much he loved Southampton. It would appear curry and metal is all it took hehe! Eventually the food came and Sam and I decide to leave a bit of each others so we could taste what we ordered. I was fairly happy with what I had ordered. Now I had a bit of what Sam had and in all honesty it was daaaaaaamn spicy. It was so spicy that I had to turn to my Madras to cool my mouth down. Crazy times happening down here you thinking? You would be right. Eventually we ate our meal and downed our beer, paid up and then headed off to the Dungeon. While heading down, we gave it the York City chants! They were the following;

City at Wembley
City at Wembley
City at Wembley
City at Wembleeeeeey

Which was basically our Wembley anthem. There was also

I say Minster, you say.... MEN
me: MINSTER
them: MEN
me: MINSTER
them MEN
me: MINSTER
them: MEN
everyone: WHEYYYYY.

And everones favourite;

We are fucking Yorkshire and we fucking love it na na na na hey na na na na hey!

Eventually we make it to the dungeon after 10 minutes of chanting. Now I cant remember exactly what songs were played but here is a low down on what I can remember. There was some Paramore, Rammestein (Sams choice of song), Slipknot, Aerosmith, Metallica, Guns n Roses, Papa Roach, System of a Down, Tenacious D, Disturbed, Pendulum, Linkin Park, Killswitch Engage, the Dr Who theme and last but not least LADY GAGA! Thats right peeps. Lady Gaga and Poker Face was played at the club. Sam, Dave and I just looked at eachother and just burst out laughing. Sadly for Dave and I, We requested Nightwish be played (Amaranth in paticular) but it was not played. Also I requested Slam by Pendulum however we got some weird version. Sam and I had planned to take our tops off and do the dance/mess about the fat guy does on the video of it. However we decided against doing this as the proper version did not come on. For one song (the name escapes me) Sam and Dave head off and try a spot of moshing. They were left with a bad taste in their mouth when nobody seemed interested in joining in. I would have helped out but being Yorkshire, I refused to leave beer behind! We reach the end of the night at about 2am and we decide on walking home giving it the old York chants again. We did this until we got to our street and for obvious reasons we decide to stop. When we get into the house, we decide we did not drink enough and we want more. However the possibility of not waking up and missing Wembley loomed large in our minds.

At about 3am and deliberating over what we should do, I told the guys I knew of a website that would deliver alcohol to our house, assuming it was open. Indeed this place was and Dave and Sam were left buzzing by the thought of alcohol being delivered here. Needless to say, we ordered 8 cans of Fosters, Pringles, Vodka and Coke as a mixer. It came to £25 which is a bit of a rip off but we drank through the tins of fosters and watched family guy off my DVD player. This place is called Alcohol in Emergency. This was the 1st time I had ever used this place and in fairness it seems like a really good business model. It should be available in all cities with students as it has potential to grow into something big. Would be better if the prices were more accommodating thought! Tiredness as slowly kicking in and Sam was gone by about 5. He could barely keep his eyes open and the same could be said for the rest of us. Eventually we all decided to go to bed and leave the night as it was and get up for about 8ish so we could get the train early into London to solve any problems we might get with lack of Wembley tickets!

Anyway guys, here endeth part 2 of our three part escapade in London/Southampton. Another big read and I hope you enjoy our endeavours thus far. We most certainly have.

Big love to you all

xxxx

No comments: